Get rid of old furniture or any other large, bulky items without the hassle and expense of hauling it off. It’s easy and it’s FREE!!!
District 4 is next on the Large/Bulk Item Pickup schedule. You must get on the pickup schedule to have your items picked up on Wednesday, April 19, 2023. Residents must call Public Works at 432-264-2501, or email email@example.com by 5 PM on Monday, April 17, 2023, to schedule a large/bulk item pickup for the following Wednesday, April 19, 2023, (designated collection day). If you do not get on the schedule, your items will not be picked up.
- City staff will only pick up items that are placed on the curb upon arrival to your location.
- City staff are not permitted to bring items to the curb from inside your home or from any other area of the residence (backyard, garage, etc.).
- The Large/Bulk item pickup program is for residential customers only.
- Customers are responsible for cleaning up any debris or trash left after your items are picked up.
PLACEMENT OF LARGE ITEMS AND BRUSH:
- Brush and bulky items must be placed on the curb in front of your home.
- Do not place in the street, on the sidewalk, or in any manner that will interfere with vehicular or pedestrian traffic or with solid waste collection service.
- Do not place within 5 feet of a roll out, mailbox, fence or wall, water meter, telephone connection box, parked cars, fire hydrant, utility pole, or traffic sign.
- Do not place under low hanging tree limbs or power lines, in an alley, or in front of a vacant lot or business.
The City of Big Spring’s LARGE/BULK ITEM PICKUP will take place on the third Wednesday of every month in 2023, according to the dates on the schedule provided below. For questions concerning Large/Bulk Item Pickup, please call the Public Works Office at 432-264-2501.